Saturday 6 June 2009

The first 10k tomorrow

So, you may have read the 'about me' section. Beside this is a record of my running so far.

Who am I? I am your typical sprinter. Able to put all into a run, and able to put in all for a short time. Weeks, even. Life in my later youth, though, has seen me continue again and again and again when before I may have stopped.

I consider at this time the greatest thing I can do, beyond testaments to trust and faith, is to move from one thing to another with seemless ease - to let the fleeting sport of one mode and mindset slip into another. What form has this philosophy taken so far? Moving from bed to breakfast, from such food to a warm shower, and then the wilful movement away from the warmth of a cubicle to the cold of the morning air again. Yes, I know well what I mean by this.

How many Saturday nights have consisted of this so far?

I consider myself lucky to have these opportunities. Tomorrow I expend energy, and seek to batter my muscles with micro-tears in the attempt find something else. Somewhat elusive this may be, let's see how tomorrow will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home