Sunday 10 April 2011

Five weeks

I have not posted for several weeks, but I have still been training.

Firstly, new shoes have been purchased. In doing so, I have committed myself to my forefoot running. I didn't negotiate a price on them, but I did have my running style analysed. My right foot hits on the outside, but overpronates naturally. The support of my (new) shoes seems to do something about that. My right foot, though, aims at an outward angle. Finally, my right foot (thanks to football) is clearly dominant. It feels lighter, and the leg must be more dominant.

I have not managed a two hour run for a while. However, I have been maintaining some regular training. Of particular note should be my 5k yesterday. I ran 20:11 - while I thought I maintained form, I was running slower than my 10k time for the last few miles. Still, I was happy to have attempted the run. And, in doing so, I felt that all those who 'beat' me deserved to do so in the sense that they tried harder.

Sometimes, though, I think that by trying too hard, I don't want to run the race anymore. It is almost too painful.

Will I run my long-run today? I think I doubt it. But tomorrow sounds like a better option.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home