Sunday 6 March 2011

A long run

And so today I managed a long run - for 1 hour and 40 minutes. I intend initially to only run for 1 hour and 30 minutes. However, as all good things move with running, I managed 1 hour and 40 minutes. My cardio was fine throughout, as I knew it would be. My legs? My calves hurt somewhat throughout most of it. If not all of it.

Andy joined me, which I was particularly impressed with - and appreciative of. It meant that we were able to keep our running slow and paced, and that we were able to finish the run without injury.

And this week? I think that I would like to begin to run more often. To begin to keep up my two runs and week, and possibly change to three. I would like to begin to use my running refueling.

Things are coming together. But, and this is important to note, my motivation to run meant that today, as most days recently, I did not feel every fibre of my being burning to to run. Though, happily so, while I do not feel that burning engine to run, I still run. And I trust that engine will fire up soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home