Tuesday 26 April 2011

My ankles

Today was the first day back after Easter for moderation. In three weeks my exam class decide their future, while I run a marathon. I have yet to say much to people, but I am thinking of creating a justgiving.co.uk page.

I have not wanted to run for a charity because, frankly, I am not sure if I will actually manage to complete the run. I might. I might.

The weakest part of my body, as it always has been, are my ankles. The muscle used to knit away from them when I was younger. In fact, I suffered from desperate shin-splints. I remember even now trying to qualify for English schools, and being unable to even run my strides due to the pain in my legs.

Right now, I have little to no pain in my thighs. Even the top of my right foot, which has felt dubious for a while, doesn't hurt so much. However, my ankles and calves mean I do not feel like I have the explosive stamina needed for any concerted running. I feel that I could head to the gym, but not for long. I also feel that my 10k at Kirkymoorside seems like it might be a bit of a dangerous proposition.

We'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home