Sunday 9 December 2012

Transitional diet

I have enjoyably managed to lose some weight the past few months, from 12 stone 4 to 11 stone 9. I am still a good 10 pounds over fighting weight, and at least 5 pounds under maintained weight. Still, weight isn't everything; muscle weighs more than fat.

My diet has simply been one of not having a full meal against at about 8pm. Food is a wonderful comfort to me, and simply not eating is not a sensible option. The body doesn't know the difference between starving to death, and shaping itself. Therefore, after each meal I drink a rich coffee. This has replaced my ice-cream, and means I sit relaxing in the evening. I tried my usual Bailey's for a few days, but as I've suffered recently from a cold it didn't aid my early morning wake-ups.

As part of this, I tried a few days of P-90X. I remember when I ran the GNR, my core ached from the impact my body was absorbing. It is still weak. Yet I find the Yoga tedious. Like many important things, it needs to be scheduled in. But, in the meantime, I am pleased with how I am making some healthy lifestyle changes that seem sustainable (i.e not too intense, even for me!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home