Saturday 30 April 2011

What running music?

Tomorrow I am looking forward to running with music once again. Having checked out the Runner's World rating for the race, I can see that the PB potential is judged as from 20 to 60 per cent possibility.

So! I think I'll hit my watch for a 42:30 10k. That isn't too much slower than my fastest effort. If I can keep faster than 6:50 or so, then I'll be happy.

The race is uphill for the first 2 and 1/2 miles, so I be quite happy to run that slower. I have three Mumford and Sons sons for that lasting 12 minutes or so.

And so this is my timing plan:

1 Sigh no more - very very slow start to keep me slow.
2 The Cave - This version starts and ends with some seagulls stock sound. Again, designed to make me run slow.
3 Little Lion Man - To speed me up somewhat and begin to rile me.
4 Metallica Sad But True - recommended for a 40minute 10k. We'll see!
5 Dog Days - normally my first song, this will lead into the second 5k.
6 Rabbit Heart - fast beat song. Should this be before Dog Days? I think so...
7 Howl - A song about running with bloody feet. Amen!
8 Drumming Song - Massive beat, massive running?
9 Fade to Black - As with last time, another effort built up with the final part?
10 Gonna Fly Now - Terrible memories of this being played in the middle part of a race - of lacking in any explosive power. How will it be for me when played as the final part?

It is almost 1am. I look forward to running this music tomorrow. I've paid enough money to do so :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home