Sunday 11 September 2011

Something to aim for

This evening, after putting in a shift of work, I entered 5 races in 7 weeks. I don't know whether my foot can hold up to it, although I've effectively bet £65 it can.



I don't feel particularly fit and healthy right now. But without such aspirations my body wouldn't aspire either.

I am much heavier than I was last year. Almost a stone heavier. I am fatter, too - 36" rather than 31". I also don't have a successful summer of running behind me.

In some ways though, I am stronger. I have run a marathon. I have some idea of balance. I have some idea of how to build up a running timetable. For one, I am going to hit the gym at least three times next week. I need to get some food; that is for sure. But I think that these races are, at the very least, my training, too.

There is an element of wanting to hit below 41:50 in the Scarborough 10k. In order to do that I have to drop below 11 stone at the very least, and I am now 11 stone 6. A pound a week, with minor adjustments to my diet, will be a worthy goal.

There is almost a fatigued tension in considering this. Whether I will be able to run these races is something to consider. But sitting in this chair watching words spill onto a screen is akin to gazing at my navel when it is only guts that will carry me through these runs.

Guts, and something else. Some damn planning.

Week 1 12th
Tuesday 60 HiiT, Thursday 20 min slow, Friday 65 HiiT, Sunday - 45 min run
Week 2 19th
Tuesday 60 HiiT, Thursday 15 min, then 4x 1 minute 30 400m, Friday 65 Hiit, Sunday Filey 10k

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home