Friday 22 July 2011

Harrogate 10k?

It is coming to the end of the 'season' for my running. I bit the bullet and paid for some physio. Turns out that, like my youth, the arches of my feet (particularly my right foot) have dropped.



What does that mean? It means that whilst I run my energy isn't exactly working on propelling me forward. My knees being to point inwards. My ankles don't spring back.

It's frustration.

On Wednesday I'm purchasing some extremely expensive insoles. Hopefully, over the space of 12 months or so, they'll reframe my legs so I can run somewhat more efficiently. I'm doubtful, but we'll see.

Of some interest, yesterday there was a cross-trainer in school. I had discussed with a few folk about getting one in, but a TA took advantage of the free time nearer the end of the year to get one in for Help for Heroes (a very worthy charity.) I ended up on it for 10 minutes, but for some reason was determined to cane it.

Some banter meant the incline and resistance was put up a fair bit, while I whacked on a 35kg Bergen. My class of 25 had to come to see me give it a go, and I wore my shirt (as ever!) I must have been a bit of a site, putting 140-160+ steps per minute. As ever, I was entirely unable to do anything other than push myself as hard as good for as long as I could.

A few teachers took photographs on cameras. In this FB'd world that we live I am yet to see or hear of them, but I have little doubt that they now float about in the ether. But that's something for another time.

Back in the classroom, I was (frankly) sweating buckets and barely able to speak. The point I wanted to make the kids, which they articulated impressively, was that to push yourself for no reason other than because you could (and therefore, perhaps, should.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home