Saturday 14 May 2011

A week to go...



And I appreciate that I have had the chance to run fast over the past two days.


Three in injuries I have suffered are:

a) The top of my right foot. The tendon aches to the point where it is near impossible to carry on running. It seems to have come from my change in running style. How have I solved it? By running less, and by running on the heel. For the marathon I will aim to run by varying how my foot strikes the floor.

b) My left jaw. I could barely open my mouth. Fortunately it seemed to be a pulled muscle rather than toothache, although I hardly trust my dentist. It has died to a mild ache.

c) My lower back had a pulled muscle. I couldn't move without pain. I think it was caused by stretching my hamstrings too much while lying on my bed. Luckily it happened a week and a bit ago. To solve it I will try to avoid doing any serious hamstring stretching lying down.

My legs hurt. But not tremendously. My motivation for the marathon is still incredibly diminished to what I expected. But it will be done next week, and then faster races will be soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home