Thursday 15 September 2011

Cardio

So I have plans to build up my cardio. And, apparently, I have plans to ensure that the window between the improvement in my cardio and the improvement in my muscles (between two weeks and two months) doesn't lead to injury.

One improvement in my training has been its intensity. Sitting in my gym which - although cheap and with great staff - has its flaws, I reread for the third time one of the six magazines available. It didn't contain articles so much a series of adverts for products that promised a change in life, and a monstrous body to match. One thing, though, that it day say was that some workouts require a certain intensity.

If there is one thing that I can be, that is intense. It is one thing that I understand. The world is confusing place at the best times; a place that a man learns to cow and extend himself in equal measure - trying harder is something that works more often than not. However, that has not always recently been my experience. Instead I have had a calmness when training.

That is not always a good thing.

The past four cardio workouts I have been calm to the point where I have almost stopped. Today, though, I pushed myself to the point where I was hitting some of the fitness numbers at my peak.

While I don't think that I am fit as I once was, I do believe that I have more background in knowing what to expect. I expect in my next 10k (at Filey, on a beach, which I tell other people I intend to use as training...) to want to stop running at many points. In fact, I think that I want to push myself to the point where I run too fast to begin with. If only so that I get more from the run.

I hope, too, that my insoles mean that I can strengthen my legs more than before. I ran 44 with such weakness after the marathon.

I am far from my goals. And my will isn't strong. But at least in a whim I was given myself some opportunities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home