Monday 19 September 2011

Intensity

I am looking forward to training tomorrow. I have a twinge in my right foot that perhaps precluded a foolish extra effort today that I might otherwise have expended.

As before, I am glad that I have entered these races. My mind seeks one point; the point where I want to stop running. Of course, should I stop running, then my mind isn't fulfilling its ambition. Instead I want to run to the point where my mind loses is initial motivation, and instead a deep-set instinctual drive, a spiritual motivation (if I'm lucky!) might rise.

It is the week after next that I am most interested in. Two of my friends ran the Great North Run on the weekend just gone. I was on for breaking one hour 40. My intensity then belied my lack of training, and my lack of food, too! The latter, at least, should not be a problem.

At the front of my classroom I intend to have a poster from the Olympic spirit from the 1930s. More from that later, maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home