Sunday 13 May 2012

Chest Pains

I find myself here now in the middle of the day in the middle of the term, but I am not even in the middle of any kind of exercise programme. Since Easter, I have struggled with any kind of exercise. I have not even wanted to give up an hour in the evenings to it.

That I am in as good a shape as I am is something I am fortunate for. Unfortunately, that isn't to say that my shape is admirable: I weigh 12 stones and have hit 36" on my waist again. I am eating a hell of a lot, and I can't remember the last time I felt hungry. I tend to eat fairly regularly.

The past week or so I have suffered from some quite intense chest pains. I'm no doctor, and I've had them examined cursorily by a GP before. Nothing was diagnosed.

I reckon they are due to the sedentary lifestyle I currently lead. I sit down for a fair time in the evening, and my shoulders and ribs rest against wood.

While I do not feel the intense need to run, that is perhaps a good thing. There is no purpose, no need, no pressure, no goal. Or, at least, no goal for myself save see if I can begin to dedicate some time to exercise as I once did.

And I will. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home