Sunday 25 September 2011

Morning of the beach 10k

It has been four months, at least, since I last raced. I intend today to run without music. If I can't be motivated to run a race (albeit training I tell myself...) then what chance?

With music I have the perception that I am running hard even if I am not. I also feel that it is harder to speed up when I have music, too. Of course, that could also be a lack of fitness. Or not.

It has just begun to drizzle outside. The cloud cover is total. It is cold(er than I expected.)

I expect my BPM to near maximum, and to stay there for the 50-60 minutes that I will run today.

Strangely enough, I do not feel a sense of burning desire to run a time. More a sense that I know that at more than one point recently I wanted to run to the point where I wanted to stop running, so I could continue to run. I am sure, and I hope, that I get that feeling today, and I see what happens in my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home