Friday 23 September 2011

Two days before the first 10k for an age

And I feel strong. Yesterday I managed to run 3 x 4 minute km pace, with a 5 minute 4:35 warm up. Last year I was unable to run even one 4 minute at 4min km pace comfortably.

I run on a balance between my heels and my forefoot.

This springiness, this extra power, is something that I haven't experience for a long time. Perhaps for decades.

And tonight I didn't play football. This wasn't a loss; I went to the gym. I wasn't motivated to utterly put my guts into it - I was able, though, to his the intensity of a usual step-trainer workout (65, 70, 75, 80.) Seeing as a month ago I was unable to run 50, 55, 60, 65, I feel this is a great progression.

The pain today is in my hips. That is a pleasing sign - normally it is in my calves and then my feet.

On Sunday I test myself with the beach race. I want to run to the point where I want to stop running. That is why I am running. Well, this is a training run, but that is why I am running it.

I tell myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home