Sunday 2 October 2011

The run!

So I'm back and happily fed after the run. I managed to pop on my red running flats, and pushed the first 4 km at an easy ... pace.

Without training, I am happy with my effort. Like before, I was above a certain time (45 minutes) but I didn't have to kill myself to achieve that. I am going to ice my legs to recover, and see about how I'm going to train in the next two weeks.

The day afterwards, my legs are tight. Not terribly, but enough. It's causing some pain in my feet. I should get a sports massage, but I'm still a little reluctant until I get a reply on membership in Scarborough AC for the discount it brings.

With all this, I feel happy enough with the run. The first 4km was about 4:05 pace - my legs had bounce in. By that I meant that it was easy to run at that pace. After 5km there was no bounce, and it was harder to run slower. Without training - years of strengthening that might not even happen - I do not expect such fitness levels to increase. But certainly I am not aiming for much better times in the next few weeks.

I am happy, too, I have organised enough the week ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home