Friday 20 May 2011

Friday before preparation

And so today I am sitting down at my desk knowing that I am ready to give this marathon a go. I don't really know what it is going to be like exerting my energy over such a long period of time. I don't really know if I'll do another one. I don't really know if I'll make it back to Scarborough.

As with all truly boring, if excellent, blogs, I intend to reflect on what I need over the next few days.

Saturday
Breakfast at home
8 baked potatoes (in foil)
Baked beans (in cans that can already open).
Tuna (in cans that can already open.)
Some sort of sandwich filling
Water bottles x3
Reading material (Huston smith)
Writing material (pen and paper)
Wallet with train tickets
To place into car two day passes
To have itinerary for when I can get back to Scarborough on Sunday
Bus ticket in bag
Map of where to go to
Map of how to get to the bed and breakfast
Old trainers
Safety pins

Sunday
Two/three bananas
Ready brek portion
Water bottle
MP3 player (fully charged up?)
Running vest
Running shorts
Compression socks
Running trainers
Long-sleeve t-shirt
Bin bag
Spare underclothes
Spare money
Watch?

Well. Going to get some of these things ready now...

I ran to the shops at lunchtime to fetch some mints for our KS3 exams. I'll count that as my run!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home