Wednesday 25 May 2011

The next race?

Tonight, alongside tapping away a turgid post on advice for a PGCE (after responding to a few threads on the TES)I found a 10k in about 9 days time. I want to return to the gym tomorrow, although I doubt I'll make it.



I've lost my speed. I may have some more stamina, and stronger muscles. But I've lost my speed. I've also gained a substantial girth that would slow me down, too. Hopefully, though, by the time I get to the Scarborough 10k in October, I can be regularly running and training to the point where I might be getting close to 40 minutes.

I shouldn't ignore my current injuries having run the marathon, though. My right ankle feels like it has either a slight tear, or a strain at best. My right foot arch has also suffered.

The most substantial injury I feel now, though, is in my knees. The front of my knee caps aches.

Mentally, though, I am calmly resigned to this whimsical mission.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home