Thursday 4 November 2010

Thursday after the 10k

I ran a minute faster than I did before. I ran the second 5k in 20:30. I need to be able to run the second 5k faster than 20:00. To do this I need to be able to run a 5k faster than 19 minutes.

I clearly run best with a chip on my shoulder. The finiteness belies the patience I have shown in my training. No shin splints has this man; the spirit needs to be tempted by the mind. Don't run as much as you want - run as much as you can.

In both of my 5k runs so far, I have been able to run with sub 19 minute time (sub 6:25 second miles). However, it only takes 1200 metres or so of running a few seconds over to ruin it. Therefore, with this in mind, I intend to run the first ten minutes at 6:25, and to only speed up afterwards. I hope to not drop below this speed. And I look forward to seeing how my fitness goes. Will it work?

Of course, there are motivations elsewhere, and separate times to beat. And beat is the right word, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home