Sunday 13 June 2010

Castle Howard

I ran the fastest ever time I have have ever run today. It was, according the the miracle watch, 47:19. My next time? I should aim for 47:09. I really really really appreciate the steady progression of the age adjusted times.

I need six more 10ks until I progress under 45 minutes. I have, however, managed to progress at the rate of 4-5 10ks an improvement that I would expect after 16 10k races.

The day was a good temperature. I arrived late, but that was largely because of not leaving in time. However, as with many compromises, it didn't seem to matter too much. I did, though, not have chance to set my watch up, so I was running on pace rather than with a virtual running partner.

In the last few weeks I have been working out a tremendous amount. I have found the HIiT has made a huge difference. Long may it continue, especially without the impact training.

Another good thing was that I had a glucose sweet in the last 2k. I think that half of that sweet would have been even better.

I celebrated with some salmon, and measured portions of cous cous, a yoghurt (112 calories! Yikes!) and a banana. Yummy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home