Saturday 25 December 2010

Running Thoughts

And so I ran in Bantock Park. It is 1.2 miles around. I did two laps, without my watch. I just ran. A few times my efforts exerted black bile from my mouth and chest. I ran regardless. I did not warm up. My legs, while alright now, will perhaps begin to fall apart.

I remember distinct things from my youth. Running mud from Bantock into my spikes. Destroying the school records. A distinct lack of recognition from my running efforts. I was, by the standards of power of 10, in the top 200 athletes in the UK for my 400m times when I was younger. If I was similar in football, the recognition would be palpable. However, I am not, and there is no recognition. But since then was I a man that thrived on such social lark? This blog, written for me eyes mostly, tracks a few things...

a) My desire to run faster than 18:05 for the 5k. Currently I run 18:50.
b) My desire to run faster than 40:00 for the 10k. Currently I run 41:30.
c) My desire to simply run faster than I have for a half-marathon. That is, faster than a 106. I want to dip below 100 minutes.
d) My desire to run a marathon. I am due to do so this year.
e) My desire to run a 400m again. I have run 56.4 in my time. I want to better this. Or at least realise the efforts I made in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home