Sunday 12 December 2010

Slowly building back...

I write this on a Sunday having run once in the snow, and having completed an interval of 60, 65, 70, 75 (leading to 100). My heart rate again hit 190+, and only just hit below 150 or so after two minutes.

My legs are stronger. Stronger than they were this time last year. While November has seen me slow down, the slowness has meant that my legs have not taken a pounding. They are, however, ready to take on 2-3 workouts a week for the next three weeks. And then from January to March/April, regular workouts will make a difference. I might even run a 10k on the seafront, aiming to dip beneath 41:30. I think that some 5ks might be in the pipeline, too. In fact, if I lived nearer a parkrun, I would do so more often. Far more often.

There is, of course, something in the resting that I have done. And in the aggression I have expressed. Although I have not got into a routine with packing my gym kit (and in that I think my lodging arrangements make such things difficult), I should head to the gym tomorrow. I really should.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home