Sunday 14 November 2010

Running aims

I am, in some ways, performance driven. But I am a man who believes in moderation. That is, while I want to improve my times and the like, I am not willing to make massive sacrifices. It is not a means to an end in itself. Not least because I am not good enough for it.

I have an aim - to run below 18 minutes for the 5k, and to run below 40 minutes for the 10k. When those things happen, then what? Who is there to share the achievement? I know that this is not normally the reason for my running, and you, my faceless reader, should be enough of an audience for such a things.

The reality of this is this. I have not trained for a few days. Words and reflections and records and aims fall away in the face of the now, that I have not run, and that I have happily slept instead.

Such waves of life are like waves of running - not always is the desire to be fast in a race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home