Sunday 20 November 2011

No exercise

I have neglected to exercise for something like three to four weeks. That has perhaps been necessary, but it would have been better planned. These are the reasons:

a) I had a toenail out. It was excruciating, and I can still see the parts of my foot where the nail was slicing. I could barely walk for a week, but managed some gentle running and football last Friday. Medieval torturers knew what they were doing...

b) I get to 8pm and 10pm and I am still hungry. Rather than eat something low in calories, I am eating sandwiches. I am also preparing my own food less and less.

c) My legs are tight to the point where I wonder if I have some sort of damage or scar tissue. My feet are no longer so tight that my calves feel as if they my snap. However, it is clear that my strength and my diligence in running will mean nothing without some flexibility.

Fat2Fit2Fat.com is a website from a man who wishes to practise what he preaches. He is an American personal trainer who has gained, purposefully, an enormous amount of weight. His waist alone has ballooned from 34" to 42-6". He is giving himself six months to slash his weight.



For the first 2-3 weeks, all he is recommending is stretching and core exercises. I'm sure that there is a diet with it, too. Seeing, though, as I have often hit the cardio and neglected the stretching and core exercise, I can see myself using three weeks of core and stretch (every day) in an attempt to get into the habit of doing so.

In terms of running, I think that getting into a certain level of fitness is essential before I begin running rather than jogging.

I am pleased, as with all things, with my spirit. With the days being understandable darker and shorter, I still feel motivated, and still feel purpose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home