Thursday 16 February 2012

Intensity on normality

I have been working out with fairly intensely while feeling little motivation the past few weeks. Today was a case in point. My legs were tight, and I would have liked to skip training. The gym was quiet, and I was somewhat tired of my MP3 player.

However, I put my resistance up to 65,70,75,80. These four sets were what I did when I lost my weight and gained my fitness two years ago. It requires a hell of a lot of leg work. But my legs are strong enough - it is my core that lets me down.

As before, I experience the strange sensation of a failing body still continuing. My heart rate was massive (180+), but my mind realised that this was well within my limits. So, even though my body was telling me to stop, and my conscious mind was not so bothered about if I continued (hence the lack of intensity) I was able to continue.

In regards to my speed, I think it is the distance of my strides that matters more than anything. And that relies upon staying supple, and training regularly. If I get to anywhere near to my PBs this year coming up, I'll be amazed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home