Wednesday 4 January 2012

Back after January

The usual concerns at this time of the year trouble me less. I visited the gym and found many earnest people with earnest resolutions working hard.

I found myself with some elastic energy back in my legs. Some ability to work my core. My weight is still between 11 stone 4 and 11 stone 10. But I managed to run a 50, 55, 60, 65, then with an 80 finish HiiT session. I write that more for myself than anything else. My heart rate hit 191 at its peak. Strangely, though, it wasn't overwhelmingly painful.

Today I managed to run slowly to town and back. That is the extent to which I want to trouble my body today. Tomorrow I'll head to the gym again, as I will do so again on Friday. On Saturday I'll run like hell. And then repeat. If I can get back into running well for the new term, I'll be happy.

I should write that over xmas last year I ran 7 x 8 minute miles in Wolverhampton during the snow. I did that without any fanfare; to be able to run like that now would be an immense achievement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home