Wednesday 30 November 2011

Stretching

It is December. New Resolutions and the like start, for me, now. I remember this time last year being fit to the point where I was able to run a 400m (albeit to the point where I collapsed.

I am back to 11 stone 9. Yet me legs are stronger. Flexibility is something I have have not considered so much. But without flexibility, without stretching every day, the gains I make to my fitness too easily evaporate. I have cut out some of my poor diet issues. I do not eat masses of chocolate. I perhaps eat too much meat. But not too much.

Something that comes to my mind with these issues is this: that real-life is trying to make routine and predictability from what seems to be essentially chaotic, and that the imaginative world is inherently more expansive and (seems) more meaningful. Yet less rewarding. As it stands now.

The goals I have for my fitness and my running have passed. I run without goals at the moment. A bit like this world...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home