Sunday 11 December 2011

A 5k run

Yesterday I ran the 5k Park Run for Bridlington. Despite running it in 22 minutes, I was leading for all but the last mile, and still finished 15 seconds behind the winner. My pal admirably made it, and ran a 24 minute 5k too.

I think that my weight is as much to blame for my fitness as anything. Yesterday I ate eight fajitas (and nothing else) over the course of the day. Today I have eaten cereal, ham, two jacket potatoes with chicken, and I intend to make some mince (and possibly eat a roast.) I have avoided eating heavily in the evening, and that brought my weight down to 11 stone 4 pounds. Nothing amazing, but something substantial.

I remember the days when I ate quorn meat... I lost weight, and didn't taste terrible. But compared to butcher's meat, it was disgusting. No, that's not entirely fair. It was tasteless. And I can't quite equate that as a worthwhile price to pay for losing weight. Can I?

Looking at my 5k times makes me realise how fit I was. My splits are slower and slower and slower. For example, my 5k time this time last year was always 19 minutes, and dipped just below at one point, too.

Stretching has made a difference. There is, though, an ignorance about my training. I should, I think, start training in the gym again soon: perhaps even this week. I need to start again on my usual routines, but stretch a little more, too.

There is no goal, as you can read, other than to fit some fitness with some lifestyle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home