Sunday 5 February 2012

Sewerby PB

I ran on Saturday, again, but without my watch for the first time in years. It was liberating. Without my inherent strength, I am unable to speed up in response to my watch's pace.

Kudos to the marshalls at Sewerby; they timed us on paper and with a phone after the organiser broke down.

I was conscious of increasing the power in my strides rather than my cadence. I am still slow (22:06) but I am regularly hitting this time. My shins hurt fairly substantially, but I think that that is perhaps necessary for my body to adapt to the demands of running again.

Running is about finding out one's limits without surpassing them. To run outside one's limits, as teaching outside one's limits, invites breakdown, and the retreat of those limits. This week I have been working for at least ten hours a day, and some in the evenings, all with four workouts and reading in the evenings. At other times, this would be too much. It feels just right at the moment, but I doubt it is a pace I can sustain forever. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home